diumenge, 24 de maig del 2009




Carrie - Hello!
Charles - Hi! God, you're wet! Come in!
Carrie - No, no, I'm fine. I'm so wet that I can't get any wetter. Do you know what I mean?
Charles- OK
Carrie - No, please don't! I just wanted to see if you were all right. I wanted to make sure t hat you weren't killing yourself or anything. It was wrong of me to come to t he church this morning. I'm sorry. I can see that your're OK, so I'd better go now.
Charles - No, wait, I'm to blame, not you. I behaved really badly today. But I'm sure about on think now: marriage is not right for me at all. And I learned another thing. When I was standing there in the church, I realized for the first time that I totally completely love one person, with all my heart. And that person wasn't my bride. It's the person who's here with me now, in the rain.
Carrie - It is still raining? I didn't notice!
Charles - In fact, I've loved you since the first minute I saw you. You're not suddenly going away again, are you?
Carrie - No, I might be washed away by the rain, but I'm not going away again.
Charles - OK, OK, we'll go back in. But first, can I ask you one thing? Do you think that you could agree not marry me? After we've got dry again, of course. And after we've spent lots of time together. Do you think that you could agree not be married to me, for the rest if your life? Do you?
Carrie - I do